Saturday 1 September 2012

Back Again

Hey all!

So, the summer. Kinda left wondering if it really came at all... But none the less, I've been very very busy.  Too busy to keep up with blogging.

However,  I have decided, after my short break, two things. The first is that I wish to continue writing this blog.  I felt like I've missed it, so expect frequent posting from here out.

You might be wondering exactly what I've been doing to keep me so busy.  Well, here is the run down of our summer...

First, I went Blonde!

The went to a wedding (congrats to Mim and Eddie!!!)

Then it was Dave's last week of work, so I mooched around a lot.

Then Dave got his teaching qualification! Woop!

Then we went to see Handball at the Olympic Park in London (Awesome game, btw.)

Then we drove 6 hours to Cornwall to see two of our best friends get engaged! (and Dave scored best man duties, get in!)

Then we headed north, to Yorkshire, for another Friends wedding (Congrats to Becky and Luke!)

Then we went to Centre Parcs in Sherwood Forest for a romantic getaway, just the two of us (until the Thursday when we had my family visit for the day)

Then we went camping with a small group of friends in Derbyshire- beautiful, if a tad wet.  And a great walk in to Bakewell.

That weekend, we were meant to go to the Lake District to visit family, but the trip was cancelled (boo!) and we went bowling instead (yay!)

Then, we drove back down to London to visit the Harry Potter Studio Tour!!!  Which was amarzing and I so want to go back!!

Finally, last weekend we went to Greenbelt in Cheltanham, and had an amazing, yet totally muddy, time.  Listening to music and thought provoking talks.  And just keeping calm and carrying on as the mud reached our ankles (Thank God for wellies!!!)

And here I am, after one heck of a summer, tired, happy and ready for the lot of challanges I have to face.

My masters starts in almost exactly one months time.

Am I ready for it? No! But will I be? You can bet your ass!

Now, you may be wondering what the other thing I have decided is going to be...

And I'm not a mean person, so I'll tell you right now... I'm starting a second blog!

The Dressmaking Diaries, to be exact.

Where I shall be documenting my dressmaking adventures and clothing based DIYs in the future.  I've come to the conclusion that I want my blogging to be more focused.  So, one for my day to day adventures and one for my favourite hobby seems sensible.

Now, if you have reached the end of this wordy and, some might say, boring post, I applaud you.

Love,

Freya May




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...