Saturday 17 March 2012

The Hunger Games



In anticipation of the up coming film, Husband and I have downloaded the book onto our Kindle, then had a desperate race to finish it first!

This morning I have crowned myself the victor, using the time Dave naps after work and my lovely lazy Saturday morning to race through the fantastic adventure.

The Hunger Games has been on my radar for about a year now, and, like Twilight, this is almost entirely due to the Internet.  I guess that die hard fans heard about the film and got so excited it almost took over Pinterest and the like. 

I'm someone who really likes to read books before I see the film versions.  This is because I think that the book is the true story, told the way it was intended by the writer.  Not to discredit any adaptations, for instance The Hunger Games film looks awesome!  But to see the original for myself.  Writing is an art after all.

And, so you know, I did think it was a fantastic story! Go, read it! Or, at least, come to the cinema with me and watch in on the big screen.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...