Wednesday 21 September 2011

One Chilly Morning...


I woke up this morning to a definite chill in the air, the kind you can feel while still wrapped up in blankets in bed, and makes you hope you never need to leave the slight warmth they are providing.  I hate that chill, for one thing it makes mornings ever so slightly worse than usual, but it is also a signal that the weather is changing for winter :-(

I don't hate winter in general, I like the idea of roaring fires, and cute jumpers and hot chocolate, but the fact that the weather is cold enough that these things are essential, makes me sad.  I'm just a warm weather person, loving beaches, and sunny festivals and wearing skirts and vest tops and sandals.  I like being HOT.

But, there is no escaping it.  So, preparing to layer up, turn the heating on in the next couple of months and dealing with the British winter, again.  I just thank God that this year, we're in a house with a working timer on the central heating- last year it was manual and the on button was down stairs :-(

Have you felt the chill yet?

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...