Tuesday 19 July 2011

What I've learnt about jobhunting



Loughborough University organise a scheme called 'Graduate Gateway' for people living in the Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas, which puts graduates in 6month contracts with businesses.  And, they have offered me a preliminary interview!

I just wanted to blog about some websites which are helping me prepare for this;

Kent Universities careers page is wonderful! Do check it out if your also looking for work.  They have everything from CV and cover letter advice (which is easy and intelligent), interview advice, sample questions, how to deal with nightmare situations, what interviewers are looking for, personality/aptitude tests to advice for those with disabilities and other special circumstances.  Its quality.

Also, I have just stumbles across this blog to help answer that question we dread but know is coming- what are your weaknesses!

So, that’s all from me for now, I hope this advice will show its worth tomorrow at my interview!  Stay tuned.


Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...