Thursday 26 May 2011

Our last ever CU meeting...



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)


This was the message that the speaker brought to us last night.  The talk was on prayer, and trust and, especially for those of us who are leaving this year, the future.

This talk really hit me, some of you will know that my future plans are all messy at the moment.  Dave and I are waiting to here where he is being placed, and until then we don't know which town we'll be living in, which makes house and job hunting difficult.  Additionally, I'm confused about the path God is planning for my life and career. 

And I am not the kind of person who is comfortable living in a world with no plans.  Half the time, I don't mind if they work out exactly, but the comfort of having a plan for my life is something I've come to rely on.

So, this talk, it encouraged me, but frightened me.  I know the Lord has plans for me, but I WISH he'd share them soon.  I'm out of my comfort zone.  I don't like it.  But there we go. I have to learn to be patient, wait on God, wait on his plans and trust that it will be reveled to me at the right time.  God, help me, please.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...